Indian food and cooking is famous all around the world. Often we have misconceptions about Indian cooking and food like it is really time-consuming. difficult, and requires a lot of different ingredients, can't be done on your own and is very hot. This tour would surely be changing your perceptions about Indian cooking and recipes. We will be preparing the very famous, Indian Butter Chicken on this tour.
Through this tour your host, Komal, will be by your side(virtually) to spread the flavors and aromas of the most famous Indian dish in your home.
Meet Your Guide
Women for World
Komal has been working in the travel and tourism industry from past 8 years. She started guiding at the age of 19 and since then has always loved introducing people to Indian culture and heritage. She is the founder of Women for World which is a travel company with a vision to inspire and empower women and young minds to travel fearlessly and sustainably in India. Get ready as Komal bring unique virtual experiences for you from all around Delhi and India with a mix of cooking, dancing and culture which would surely make you fall in love with INDIA..
Preparing for your Experience
Here are the ingredients and some pre work which you would require to do if you want to follow me together while preparing the meal step by step.
- 500 gms Chicken
- Ginger garlic Paste
- Lemon Juice
- 3 medium sized onions
- 3 big tomatoes
- 2 Green Chilli( optional)
- Salt, dry coriander powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder, Garam masala, Dry fenugreek leaves/fresh coriander leaves, cumin seeds, turmeric powder
- Oil ( Any Kind)
- Bayleaves, cloves, green cardamom, black pepper( optional
Kindly follow these steps for marination:
1. Wash chicken and pat it dry. Make sure there is no excess water in the chicken. Marinate it with 1 to 2 tbsp lemon juice, 1/2 tsp chilli powder and 1 tsp salt. Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
2. Now its time for second marination. This time we will use yogurt ( 2 to 3 tbsp), 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, 1 tsp dry fenugreek leaves, 2 tsp oil, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and 1/4th tsp Garam Masala.
3. Mix it well with hands. Marinate and refrigerate for atleast 1 hour, if you can marinate for longer, it would be good as the meat turns softer.